Hurricane Elecrtic Fence Company Provides The Following
- Installation, Repairs, Extensions And Maintenance Of Stinger Multi Zone And Nemtek Dual Zone Electric Fence Systems.
- Maintenance / SLA Contracts Furthermor Electric Fence Maintenance Can Be Provided And Customised For Any Clients Spesific Needs. The Main Purpose Of A Maintenance Contract Is To Maintain An Electric Fence To The Highest Standard That Will Ultimately Save Costs And Prolong The Life Span Of A Fence System.
- Certificate Of Compliance / C.O.C
- Installation, Repairs And Maintenance Of Centurion Gate Motor Systems.
- Clearvu Fencing Istalations And Repairs Of Clearvu Fencing.
Stinger Electric Fence Systems
Installation & Operation.
An electric fence energizer is intended to give an electrical shock to whatever touches the fence. The shock produced by Stinger Energizer is within the criteria required by CSA and UL so it is not harmful. But there are important installation issues to be aware of to ensure that a dangerous electric shock is not produced.
So, we have to give you these official warnings:
- Do not use a well casing, water pipe, or your power system ground as a ground rod for the fence energizer.
- Why? The fence energizer produces very high current pulses- particularly if the fence has heavy vegetation. If the fence energizer ground is connected to your electrical system ground, the energizer ground current pulse will cause tingle currents on your power system ground and your water system.
- Do not operate a Power Line fence energizer on a 2-prong extension cord. Plug it directly into a properly installed hard- wired 3 prong grounded outlet.
- Why? The fence is a great lightning rod and if lightning was to strike even near the fence, very high voltages can be produced on the fence circuit. Power line operated energizers are connected to the Power system, so this high voltage is applied across the energizer -sometimes causing breakdown of the internal insulation. The 3rd prong ground on the AC power cord is connected to a hazardous breakdown between the 220v and the fence circuit. If the 3rd prong is not properly grounded through the power cord, then the safety of the unit is seriously reduced.
What is all this talk about lightning?
A power line operated electric fence energizer is one that receive the most stress from lighting. Rural electrical power systems with over head transmission lines are great attractions for lightning strikes. The lightning current has to get back to ground (earth) in as many ways as it can so any electrical of the electrical appliances appliance that is earth grounded is a good candidate. Fence energizers and water pumps are the most unfortunate subjects.
A second source of lightning stress on a fence energizer is from the fence side. The fence itself is a great attraction for lightning and there are often trees along a fence line that also attract lightning strikes. Very high voltages induced onto the wire will get to the fence energizer and may damage internal electronic components and the electrical insulation. The energizers are required by CSA and UL to be designed so that any number of damaged components will not cause the energizer to generate hazardous output pulses. However, if the electrical insulation was to fail, the 3rd prong grounding of power line energizers is critical to maintain safety.
Lightning induced damage to a fence energizer has been the number one cause of energizer failures. Fortunately, you have purchased a fence energizer that has been specifically designed with extra internal protection against lightning damage from both the power line side and from the fence side. Components are specifically selected and tested and then doubled to provide the industries best protection from lightning transients.
Electric Fence Concepts
The electric fence energizer is intended to cause an electric shock to an human been that contacts the fence. The unpleasant experience will train the human to stay away from the fence. In order for the shock to be a deterrent, the shock current through the human must be high enough to cause involuntary muscle contraction. With the same shock current available, a smaller human will feel a stronger shock than a larger human. The human must be in the conduction path between the charged wire and ground so that the shock current will flow through.
The voltage on the charged wires is the pressure that will drive the shock current through the human and and through the resistance of the earth. The current will flow from the energizer through the fence wire, jump through the air to the human hand, through to ground and then back to the energizer
The charged voltage must be high enough to jump from the wire, through the thickness of protection (clothing) to make contact to the human skin. The charged voltage needs to be at least 4,000 volts (4kv) which then will jump an air gap of at least about 2mm.
The important criteria is to maintain a high charge voltage continuously on the fence wires. Unfortunately, there is leakage current flowing to ground all along the fence where vegetation makes contact with the charged wires, loose or bad in some places hand twisted connections. It is difficult to maintain a high voltage when there is high leakage current.
The energizer must provide high voltage and high current at the same time which, in electrical terms peak power. The more peak power that the energizer can produce, the better it can handle leakage currents.
The output energy rating of a fence energizer (measured in Joules) is an indirect indicator of its ability to maintain a high charged voltage in the presence of losses due to leakage from the charged wire.
The leakage current from charged wires increase with:
- More vegetation touching the wire
- More moisture on the vegetation (mornings with dew are bad)
- The length of the charged fence wire(s), meaning-using a high resistance fence wire.
- Different types of fence wires connected
- Bad, rusted connections.
- Hand twisted connections.
Installation of a good electric fence.
- Install energizer in an enclosure
- With descend earth connection on 220v power line
- And descend lightning protection
- Strong durable poles and mounting of them
- Using of a low resistance fence wire for (maximum peak power)
- Using of the same type of wire on the entire fence and all its connectors
Stinger components and equipment.
Energizer: 20 Zone Energizer
- Energizer can program up to 20 zones.
- Maximum voltage output 10000 volts
- Maximum current output 8 joules.
- One high current transformer.
- Water proof enclosure
- Stinger poles can be designed and manufacture as per request to provide the maximum coverage on your perimeter wall according to customer satisfaction.
- Powder coating
- Hot dip Calvinizing
- To pro long the condition of the pole as much as possible to all weather elements.
Aluminium wire: Stinger
- Aluminium is a very low resistance wire. (31 ohms per km).
- There for the electric power flows freely, with out taking to much strain. (shock is bigger).
- To use when crimping all connections on electric fence.
- It helps to prevent bad connection and minimise false alarms.
- Different sizes for different wires.
Stinger connectors and Tensioners
- Components are made from a very high uv protection called polycorb plastic uv protection.
- The uv protection is melted in and around the plastic to double layer the uv protection, to increase its life span.
- The tensioners can be used to re-tension the wire(s) again and again.
- Pc based with stinger electric fence software.
- Detailed site map with colour coded zone indications.
- An SMS unit can also be installed to send SMS to relevant persons for any fence activations that might accrue.
Stinger 4-line keypad
- Records any fence activation that accrue on the fence.
- It has built in back up system.
- Can also add an SMS unit to send SMS to relevant person(s).